Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Hold your breath


A long dry spell for domestic tranquility. But it's about to come to an end. Baring a disaster which will make most of our alleged problems incredibly small, Barak Obama will become president. Or rather, he will be elected president. There's still a lot that could happen, and we have a history of taking matters into our own hands with catastrophic results. But let's not think about that now. As Scarlet O'Hara said, I'll think about that tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to enjoy.

It's like 1972, but better. And for those of you who don't remember, that's the year that George McGovern lost mightily to Richard Nixon, who then resigned some months later rather than face certain impeachment. I had the great privilege of casting my vote for McGovern in Massachusetts, which was the only state to actually go for him. Hence the motto:

Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts.

No comments: